Google Website Translator Gadget

Love Language Building Relationships

Love Language Building Relationships
Welcome

Love Language

Relationships Love Language

Primitive Baptists Home > Complete Metamorphosis and Regeneration > Desperate Marriages Videos...

Primitive Baptists

The Inspirational ~ The Inspirational 1 ~ Praying Scripture

Biblical Inspiration and Biblical Inspiration 1

1stbiblical's Blog

The Biblical Inspirational

Monday, May 16, 2011

Love Language ~ Building Relationships Radio ~ Saturday, May 21, 2011 ~ Featured Resource ~ Jump Off the Hormone Swing ~ Fly Through the Physical, Mental, and Spiritual Symptoms of PMS and Peri-Menopause by Lorraine Pintus ~ Building Relationships with Dr. Gary Chapman ~ Hosts Gary Chapman Chris Fabry and Andrea Fabry

Love Language ~ Building Relationships Radio ~ Saturday, May 21, 2011





Love Language ~ Building Relationships Radio ~ Saturday, May 21, 2011 ~ Featured Resource ~ Jump Off the Hormone Swing ~ Fly Through the Physical, Mental, and Spiritual Symptoms of PMS and Peri-Menopause by Lorraine Pintus ~ Building Relationships with Dr. Gary Chapman ~ Hosts Gary Chapman Chris Fabry and Andrea Fabry





Featured Resource 


Jump Off the Hormone Swing
  
Fly Through the
Physical, Mental, and Spiritual
Symptoms of PMS and Peri-Menopause
 by Lorraine Pintus



About this book

In Jump Off the Hormone Swing, Lorraine Pintus shares openly about the inner tension a woman can feel at certain times of the month between wanting to love her neighbor on one hand, and wanting to strangle her and shoot her ugly dog on the other.   While many books discuss the physical and emotional symptoms of hormones, this is the first to explore in depth the spiritual aspects.    Jump! is a mentoring book, not a medical book.  The focus is on attitude, not anatomy. Lorraine shares insights from her own journey as well as wisdom from 1,500 women she surveyed. Sound biblical wisdom is laced with humor because after all, when it comes to hormones, you either have to laugh or cry, and laughing is better! Moody Publishers


ABOUT THE AUTHOR

LORRAINE PINTUS graduated from the University of Nebraska with a BA in journalism and dabbled briefly in politics as a lobbyist and press manager for a gubernatorial candidate. She has been a media relations manager for Frito-Lay/PepsiCo., Inc. and with her husband owned an IBM store before becoming a promotion manager for the University of California, Irvine. Lorraine now proudly serves as "vice president" of the Pintus Household where she is wife to Peter and driver to her teenage daughters Mandy & Megan. In her spare time, she writes books and travels all around the world with her dear friend and co-author of Intimate Issues, Linda Dillow. Lorraine and Linda speak to tens of tousands of women each year, telling them of the hope and healing they can know through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.



PMS and Menopause


Summary

What happens when hormone hysteria holds you hostage? On this Midday Connection Lorraine Pintus joins us to talk about not only the physical symptoms of hormonal swings, but also the emotional and spiritual challenge that comes with that. We’ll look at God’s word, current research, and hear some of Lorraine’s own hormonal horror stories.

In her spare time, she writes books and travels all around the world with her dear friend and co-author of Intimate Issues, Linda Dillow. Lorraine is married to Peter and mom to her teenage daughters Mandy & Megan.

For more information, please visit her website.



Excerpt from Jump Off the Hormone Swing

by Lorraine Pintus

Chapter 13


Hot water streamed over my head, across my shoulders, along my body, and down the drain, swirling away a small measure of the tension that throbbed from every pore in my body. I nudged the chrome dial closer to “H,” begging the heat to untie the knots in the back of my neck.
I wanted to crawl into a hole and die.
I’d just started my period. No surprise, really, but usually once it came I felt better, not worse. This shower will help, I reasoned.
I reached for the shampoo beside my feet. As I bent down I noticed narrow, circular indentations just below each of my knees—impressions left by my trouser socks. A similar indentation circled my left wrist where my watch had been. My body was swollen, blown up, as were my emotions. I squeezed shampoo into my palm, lathered up, and began the process of trying to scrub the angry thoughts from my mind: I hate myself when I lose it with the kids, but then, they deserved it! How many times have I told them not to throw that ball in the house? A million. But did they listen? No.
A voice in my head joined my private conversation. You are a mess. What is wrong with you?
The voice was familiar—I’d battled God’s enemy before. The devil spoke outside me—separate from me—yet inside my head. Normally I fought off his taunts, but today I didn’t have the strength. Besides, why was he bothering me now? This wasn’t a spiritual issue; I just had a bad case of PMS.
You are a terrible mother, the voice seethed. How could you yell at your children like that? They were only playing. They didn’t mean to break the vase. It was an accident. But you screamed at them. You made Amanda cry. And Megan? He’s afraid of you. What kind of mother are you?
I scrubbed vigorously, digging fingernails deep into my scalp, but try as I might to be free from it, the scum remained.
And what about Peter? Didn’t he ask you to drop some papers by the bank? Have you done that? No. It’s been three days. Why can’t you manage your schedule better? What are you going to tell him when he asks you if you took care of it? You do things for other people, but not for your own husband. How do you think that makes him feel?
I rinsed my hair and pulled a strand between my thumb and finger. The squeak proclaimed me clean, but I didn’t feel clean. I felt dirty. I reached for the shampoo and lathered up again.
When was the last time you did something nice for your husband? He works hard all day, and when he comes home in the evening you shove the kids on him and complain about how tired you are. What about him? What about his needs? Do you ever think of him?
“Shut up! Just shut up!” I ordered the voice. I balled up my soapy fists. I hated his accusations. They were cruel, hateful . . . and true!

“O God, I have been rude to Peter. Mean, even. I can’t remember the last time I cooked a special dinner just for him, or called him for no other reason than to say that I was thinking of him. Maybe that’s why he’s been so distant lately.”
The voice came again, faster, louder: You are a failure! You are a failure as a mother, as a wife . . . even as a Christian. You go to church and act “spiritual.” You sing songs and smile and nod when the pastor tells you to “love others.” But what about that woman in your Bible study? Do you love her? No. You judge her because she is different from you. You smile and act nice to her face, but all the while you are cutting her down inside your mind. Is that what a Christian is supposed to do?
“Leave me alone!” I sobbed.
You aren’t following God, you are embarrassing Him! You are nothing but a hypocrite.
“Oh God, it’s true, all true,” I cried. “No wonder I haven’t felt close to You lately. You must hate me and with good reason. I’m a horrible Christian, a terrible mother and wife. Why would a holy God like You want anything to do with someone as miserable as me?”
I slammed the chrome handle into the “off” position, toweled dry, and threw on a robe. As I shook water from my hair, I realized I’d forgotten to use conditioner.
Idiot! You can’t even wash your hair right. Tears of self-hatred burned a trail down my cheeks. I swore out loud at myself: “You pathetic, stupid idiot. You are good for nothing—nothing!”
A cloud of steam hung in the room. With the sleeve of my robe, I rubbed a circle in the mirror, creating a porthole in the condensation.
Blood-shot, vacant eyes peered back at me.
“You’re worthless.”
Was that my voice or my enemy’s? It didn’t matter. Right now they seemed one and the same.
I studied my face as it slowly vanished beneath gathering droplets. I stood, unmoving, staring into the mirror. No one stared back. I’d disappeared altogether.






Building Relationships Radio

Saturday, May 21, 2011



Building Relationships 

With

Dr. Gary Chapman


Hosts

 Gary Chapman Chris Fabry and Andrea Fabry

  



Building Relationships ~ Marriage and Hormones
Saturday, May 21, 2011
With Guest Lorraine Pintus


If you’re a man who can’t understand his wife’s hormonal swings, you need to listen to this edition of Building Relationships with Dr. Gary Chapman. The truth is, many women don’t understand their bodies and the unique way God has made them. We’ll talk with Lorraine Pintus about jumping off the hormone swing. How to understand a woman’s body and how it’s reacting to changes inside and outside.

Featured Resource: Jump Off the Hormone Swing ~ Fly Through the Physical, Mental, and Spiritual Symptoms of PMS and Peri-Menopause by Lorraine Pintus

Tune in to Building Relationships with Dr. Gary Chapman, the weekly radio broadcast brought to you by Moody Radio and Moody Publishers. Listen live online Saturday mornings at 10 a.m. and evenings at 7:00 p.m. CST at moodyradio.org, check your local radio station, or download free podcasts and get more information.

Sample Audio
Listen Now

Missed a program? Click here to visit the audio archive.











The Five Love Languages Profile will give you a thorough analysis of your emotional communication preference. It will single out your primary love language, what it means, and how you can use it to connect with your loved one with intimacy and fulfillment.


There are five love languages:

1. Words of Affirmation
2. Gifts
3. Acts of Service
4. Quality Time
5. Physical Touch


Love Languages Personal Profile @ http://www.5lovelanguages.com/assessments/personal-profiles/?profiletype=wives
 






Love Language Building Relationships


Links:

Live Stream Saturday Mornings


Building Relationships Radio
Eastern Time Live Stream Saturday Mornings
11:00 a.m. Eastern Time Live Stream




A Love Language Minute 


Five Love Language Feed

Biblical Inspiration 1

Labels of Posts

Daily Devotional AM. and PM. Love Language Minute. Building Relationships. The Inspirational. Powered by Blogger.

SiteOpened 12/04/2010 ~ Home ~ Love Language Minute ~ Daily Devotional AM PM ~ Videos and Playlists