What Is It Like. What Will We Do... And 11 Other Things You've Wondered About by Dr. Paul Enns
There are so many questions in life… but few are as universal as: “What is the afterlife like?” For those who have put their hope and trust in Jesus Christ here on earth–Heaven awaits. Addressing questions as basic as What will we do there? and What is it like?, theologian Dr. Paul Enns dives deep into the Scriptures while reflecting on the very personal nature of what is to come. Heaven Revealed is concurrently a helpful, easy-to-read guidebook for Christians as well as an encouragement for those of us who are left here on earth after our loved ones who are Christians pass away. Follow along as Dr. Enns succinctly leads you through what the Bible has to say about Heaven.
In grief, we all need hope–hope for our loved ones who are now gone, and hope for ourselves as eternity looms closer. Heaven should be something to look forward to, not something to be confused about.
March 2011 ReleasePublisher: Moody Publishers
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
PAUL P. ENNS (B.R.E., Winnipeg Bible College; Th.M., Th.D., Dallas Theological Seminary) ministers at Idlewild Baptist Church in Tampa, Florida and serves as a professor and the director of the Tampa Extension, Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. Dr. Enns has also taught at Northwestern College in Minneapolis, and at both Dallas and Talbot Theological Seminaries. He is the author of The Moody Handbook of Theology and Approaching God. Dr. Enns, who was predeceased by his beloved wife, Helen, has two sons.
SUGGESTED QUESTIONS FOR DR. PAUL ENNS
1. You take issue with the statement, “Don’t be so heavenly minded that you’re no earthly
good.” What’s the alternative?
2. The death of your wife of 45 years, Helen, was the inspiration for this book. What will
relationships with our loved ones be like in the afterlife?
3. What is the biggest misconception people have about heaven?
4. Perhaps the most surprising revelation you offer in the book is there will be fishing in the
afterlife. Where does the Bible talk about this?
5. If heaven is so great, why is death so scary, even for those who call themselves
6. You point out that many Bible scholars who write on the rapture, the tribulation, the
second coming and the millennium have little to say about heaven. Why don’t we think and
write more about this important subject?
7. A lot of popular books have been written lately about the afterlife. Have these accounts led
people closer to or away from what the Bible’s teaches on the subject?
8. What’s your favorite Scripture on heaven and why?
9. How does keeping my mind on heaven help me to be a better Christian on earth?
Building Relationships Radio
Saturday, September 24, 2011
What Is It Like? What Will We Do?...
And 11 Other Things You've Wondered About
by Dr. Paul Enns...
What is heaven like? Is it sitting on a cloud playing a harp, or is there more to it than that? On this edition of Building Relationships with Dr. Gary Chapman, Dr. Paul Enns will talk about heaven revealed. What do the scriptures say about the reality of heaven and what’s ahead for the believer? Hear the personal reason Dr. Enns tackled this subject when you join us on this broadcast.
Featured Resources: Heaven Revealed by Dr. Paul Enns
Tune in to Building Relationships with Dr. Gary Chapman, the weekly radio broadcast brought to you by Moody Radio and Moody Publishers. Listen live online Saturday mornings at 10 a.m. CST at moodyradio.org, check your local radio station, or download free podcasts and get more information.