Google Website Translator Gadget

Love Language Building Relationships

Love Language Building Relationships
Welcome

Love Language

Relationships Love Language

Primitive Baptists Home > Complete Metamorphosis and Regeneration > Desperate Marriages Videos...

Primitive Baptists

The Inspirational ~ The Inspirational 1 ~ Praying Scripture

Biblical Inspiration and Biblical Inspiration 1

1stbiblical's Blog

The Biblical Inspirational

Monday, November 18, 2013

Love Language ~ Building Relationships Radio ~ Saturday, November 23, 2013 ~ Packing Light ~ Thoughts on Living Life with Less Baggage ~ Featured: Allison Vesterfelt ~ Building Relationships ~ Hosts Gary Chapman, Chris Fabry and Andrea Fabry. ~ Image: Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving

Image: Happy Thanksgiving 





Love Language
Building Relationships Radio

Love Language ~ Building Relationships Radio ~ Saturday, November 23, 2013 ~ Packing Light ~ Thoughts on Living Life with Less Baggage ~ Featured: Allison Vesterfelt ~ Building Relationships ~ Hosts Gary Chapman, Chris Fabry and Andrea Fabry. ~ Image: Happy Thanksgiving



Building Relationships Radio

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Packing Light




Featured

Look Inside, Top Right Packing Light Thoughts on Living Life with Less Baggage by Allison Vesterfelt (Author)

Look Inside Top Right

Packing Light

Thoughts on Living Life with Less Baggage

Allison Vesterfelt

 

Allison Vesterfelt 

Allison Vesterfelt

 

Product Description

What do you need to leave behind?

When I was in college, I figured my life would come together around graduation. I'd meet a guy; we'd plan a beautiful wedding and buy a nice house-not necessarily with a picket fence, but with whatever kind of fence we wanted. I might work, or I might not, but whatever we decided, I would be happy.

When I got out of college and my life didn't look like that, I floundered around, trying to figure out how to get the life I had always dreamed of. I went down so many different paths for it. Career. Travel. Friends. Relationships. But none of them were as satisfying as I hoped they would be.

Like many twenty-somethings, I tried desperately to discover the life of my dreams after college, but instead of finding it, I just kept accumulating baggage. I had school loans, car payments, electronics I couldn't afford, a house full of mismatched furniture I didn't love but that had become my own, hurt from broken relationships, and unmet expectations for what life was "supposed to be" like.

Just when I had given up all hope of finding the "life I'd always dreamed about," I decided to take a trip to all fifty states...because when you go on a trip, you can't take your baggage. What I found was that "packing light" wasn't as easy as I thought it was.

This is the story of that trip and learning to live life with less baggage.

Page Count:

Introduction: Where the Journey Begins

1: Plan a Trip

2: Pack Your Bags

3: Say Goodbye

4: Embrace the Unexpected

5: Roadblocks

6: Change Your Expectations

7: When You Don't Pack Light Enough

8: The Things You Have to Leave Behind

9: Losing Your Way

10: Open Hands

11: Choose Your Path

12: The Mourning After

13: Three Feet from Gold

14: Write Your Own Book

Afterword: The Way You Pack

 

Links:

Four Reasons We Have Baggage

How do you pack for all fifty states?

Read an Excerpt

 

Packing Light Stories with Allison Vesterfelt

 

 


Building Relationships

Hosts
Gary Chapman, Chris Fabry and Andrea Fabry



Building Relationships Radio

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Packing Light

Allison VesterfeltMany twenty-somethings believe they’ll finish school, begin a career, find their soul-mate and live happily ever after. On today's Building Relationships with Dr. Gary Chapman, our guest says that didn’t happen to her. Instead of living a dream, she accumulated baggage—school loans, expensive electronics, and hurt from broken relationships. Packing Light is our subject on this Building Relationships with Dr. Gary Chapman.

Featured: Allison Vesterfelt
Hosts: Gary Chapman and Chris & Andrea Fabry

Tune in to Building Relationships with Dr. Gary Chapman, the weekly radio broadcast brought to you by Moody Radio and Moody Publishers. Listen live online Saturday mornings at 10 a.m. and evenings at 7:00 p.m. CST at moodyradio.org, check your local radio station, or download free podcasts and get more information.

Image: Allison Vesterfelt

Missed a program?

Click here to visit the audio archive

Biblical Inspiration 1

Labels of Posts

Daily Devotional AM. and PM. Love Language Minute. Building Relationships. The Inspirational. Powered by Blogger.

SiteOpened 12/04/2010 ~ Home ~ Love Language Minute ~ Daily Devotional AM PM ~ Videos and Playlists